Your new company
Our client is a global industry-leading information technology company headquartered in Luxembourg, with offices in Bucharest, Nicosia, London, Montreal and Los Angeles. With over 1400 employees worldwide, they continue their expansion with the acquisition and licensing of some of the most iconic brands in entertainment media. They are developing industry-leading solutions enabling faster, more efficient delivery of content every second to millions of customers worldwide. The Company is committed to enhancing its technological capabilities and thrives on a sustainable growth trajectory built on innovation and excellence.
Your new role
The product you will be working on is very successful in the adult entertainment industry at an international level. However, exposure to adult content in this role is almost zero (except some text key word), as the role is focused on Back-end.
You will be part of the payments team that operates systems responsible for processing all credit card transactions. The team is distributed in Romania, Argentina and Montreal.
They are handling billions of data every day, that means every millisecond is important!
They keep searching for new technology to improve the system and encourage team members to come up with new ideas.
They are looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems, who are comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, have exquisite attention to detail and are comfortable integrating new technologies and systems.
What you’ll be doing:
What you'll need to succeed
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels
- Work with product owners across the company to build new features at large-scale
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Build new tools for our business teams
- Build new systems to securely store sensitive data
- Build a new API or iterate on existing APIs
- 3+ years of experience with Java coding
- Enjoy and have experience building and integrating APIs
- Think about systems and services and write high quality code
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Love design systems that are elegant abstractions over complex financial industry patterns/practices
Nice to haves:
What you'll get in return
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Strong knowledge of Vanilla Java
- Strong knowledge of Concurrency and Threading Principles
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Experience with UNIX/Linux environment
- Previous experience with payment processing is an added bonus
What you need to do now
- Full remote working with flexible working hours
- 24 days holiday with 2 additional days off on the 24th and 31st December every year
- Bi-annual performance reviews which can lead to 2 additional bonuses yearly based on your performance
- 5% of your gross salary annual bonus
- Annual Salary Increase every February
- Private Medical Insurance with Regina Maria (Premium Subscription)
- Unlimited Access to our learning platform
- 500 EUR/year allowance for education certifications
- Meal Vouchers (Edenred - 300 lei/month)
- The option to work as a B2B collaborator (PFA/SRL) as well.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1161545