Your new company
A technology company, provides quality content, and creative workflow solutions in North America, Europe, and internationally. It offers image services consisting of photographs, vectors, and illustrations, which is used in visual communications, such as websites, digital and print marketing materials, corporate communications, books, publications, and others; footage services, including video clips, filmed by industry experts and cinema grade video effects, and HD and 4K formats that are integrated into Websites, social media, marketing campaigns, and cinematic productions
Your new role
We are looking for an ambitious Data Analytics Engineer with a passion for analytics engineering, the Modern Data Stack, data modeling, perfect numbers, and insightful analysis. As the organization evolves, so does its dependence on data - we are looking for a Data Analytics Engineer to expand how we get data into the hands of decision-makers, analysts, and developers across our multiple businesses. A successful candidate will understand the big picture needs of a publicly-traded international eCommerce business and deliver information with speed, accuracy, and clarity.
What you'll need to succeed
- Partner with BI analysts and technical stakeholders to understand requirements and collaborate on providing solutions at scale
- Design and build end-to-end analytics solutions, including data acquisition, modeling, transformation reporting, and insights Manipulate large datasets quickly and efficiently in both relational and “big” data stores
- Support streamlining and automation of ad-hoc and standardized reporting functions
- Build data models and transformations using DBT with an emphasis on best practices, consistency, performance, and scalability
- Day to day operational support of data and analytics engineering infrastructure, products, and services, including on-call routine
- 3+ years of professional experience with data modeling, data warehouse design, building ETL/ELT pipelines, and end-to-end analytics solutions.
- Strong proficiency with SQL, including modeling, optimization, CTEs, windowing functions
- Strong understanding of data access patterns and impacts on performance for relational and dimensional models
- Experience with dimensional modeling patterns and columnar data storage formats
- Experience developing software in one of the following languages: Python, Java/Scala (or other JVM language)
- Critical thinking abilities to take complex and abstract requirements and break them into smaller components and features
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and strong attention to detail
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
What you need to do now
- Domain experience in Marketing, CRM
- Experience using Looker to build dashboards and model data (LookML)
- Experience with CDPs like Segment
- DBT (Data Build Tool), Fivetran, Monte Carlo, Airflow experience
- Experience with Cloud Data Warehousing technology such as Snowflake
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1166910