Contribute to the timely delivery of electricity to people all over the world!
Join the R&D software development team working on one of the most critical products used in international electricity markets! The product you will be working on is used for real time energy trading, capacity auction and allocation, bidding, scheduling, settlement, energy balancing, reserve and congestion management.
Your new company
Our client is an American multinational conglomerate incorporated in New York in 1892 who employs over 200,000 people worldwide. With over 130 years of market presence, the company operates worldwide in sectors like aviation, power, renewable energy, digital industry.
The Romania Engineering Operations business is the biggest Global Deliver Center in the company’s Digital Grid footprint which allows them to bring a significant contribution to the Worldwide Electrical Energy context. Delivering on life-critical solutions, they are deeply immersed into the worlds of Transmission, Distribution, Asset Management and Market Management making sure they shape how the energy landscape looks today and tomorrow. The teams breathe software-life into Research & Development, Services and Support for the company’s products while liaising with stakeholders and customers all around the globe.
We provide flexible software solutions for evolving markets that have complex market rules and differing regulatory and legislative compliance to follow. We deliver very large, interconnecting software systems that span multiple countries and regions.
Our projects are executed within an international environment involving software development and implementation held in multi-sites and multi-countries.
We deliver Market Management System solutions designed around a modern architecture that supports product-based modules. These modules are reusable and can be easily implemented in a short amount of time to meet tight regulatory deadlines.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Work as a full-stack engineer, with an emphasis on back-end development
- Write code with consideration for continuous integration & delivery
- Work as part of an agile development team, participating in all aspects of the development process and product lifecycle
- Involved in all development phases that include solution design & architecture, development, unit testing, integration, and acceptance testing support
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- 4 + years of experience in Java Development (mid/ senior role available based on your skills)
- Proven knowledge of Java technologies and frameworks (Spring)
- A broad understanding of engineering fundamentals.
- Good understanding of SDLC, source control tools (GIT)
- Familiarity with ORM technologies (Hibernate) and Relational Databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with performance optimisations, web-services (REST and SOAP), secure coding, design patterns, multi-threading, caching, message queues, authn/authz techniques
- Knowledge of front-end development (Angular, TypeScript)
- Comfortable with development best practices (peer review, estimation, design, documentation, testing)
- The ability to work efficiently within a geographically distributed team.
- Advanced English language skills, both spoken and written
Nice to have:
What you'll get in return
- Familiarity with GWT
- Knowledge of workflow engines / BPMN (Flowable)
- Java profilers
- Familiarity with the overall CI/CD process and tools
- Knowledge of ActiveMQ, Nginx
- Scripting: Bash, Batch, Groovy
What you need to do now
- The option to work as a service provider (SRL) as well as employed with a labor contract
- Full remote working with occasional office gatherings (ideally 5 consecutive days every 3 months)
- Flexible working hours (Romania time zone)
- Daily meal vouchers
- Private Medical Insurance, which can also be extended for family members
- Increased number of vacation days, according to your work-experience
- Additional days off (8th of March, 3rd Easter day)
- Gift vouchers for Christmas and Easter holiday
- Annual, performance-based, salary review
- Impact awards for outstanding performance
- Vacation bonus with an annual payout
- Benefits for children (special occasions gifts, vouchers and events)
- Fully customized development and training programs all throughout the year
- Strong focus and real opportunities for Career Development
- Referral Program Benefits
- LinkedIn Learning subscription and full access to GE’s learning knowledge-base
- Bookster subscription
- Corporate discount to fitness services
- Well-being program with multiple events focused on a healthy lifestyle, free apps to support your healthy habits and free employee assistance program, provided by specialized counsellors
- An open communication culture in a friendly environment and with supportive teammates
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1164493